Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Maybe a Cat Had Just Passed Through


There was a hairball by my desk today. It started out as a ball of lint but grew as the day went on. It picked up hairs one by one. Hairs that were so big I couldn't believe that I hadn't noticed them on their own on the floor. Once it reached a certain size the wind from the fans was able to move it, back and forth across the class. It had traveled its journey 3 times and on the fourth crossing it started heading straight for me. As it came closer I saw that it was about 3 inches in diameter, loosely packed and trailing behind it was a almost 50cm long tail of nasty nastyness. Hairs, candy wrappers, someone's gum, all headed for me. I started to panic so I lifted my legs and it passed harmlessly under my chair. For the rest of the day it grew and and got blown about. I wonder if it will still be there tomorrow.



I believe that the threat of hairball related injuries and deaths in Mexican schools is constantly on the rise and should therefore be taken into consideration. A Mexican hairball's natural habitat is in small, smooth floored, well ventilated enclosures. Their main source of sustenance are the hair snippings from Mexican school girls grooming their split ends during a particularly boring class. I think that these unique natural wonders of Mexico should not be exterminated, but rather to be relocated by a school janitor to a nearby garbage can where they can be properly cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment